As the leading provider of energy storage software and integration services, Greensmith’s mission is to make energy storage a fundamental part of a cleaner, more intelligent and distributed energy infrastructure. Now in its fifth generation, Greensmith’s GEMS software platform optimizes the performance of energy storage by lowering costs and maximizing system return on investment.
Greensmith Energy designs and deploys the world’s most advanced energy storage systems. From grid-scale to behind-the-meter and microgrid solutions, the Greensmith GEMS software platform enables effective and efficient delivery of stable power with unsurpassed performance and profitability:
- 70 megawatts of energy storage
- Powering over 40 sites globally
- Over one-third of all energy storage installed in the U.S. is running on the GEMS platform
- Working with 30 customers, including utilities and independent power producer (IPPs)
- Unparalleled expertise in managing 14 batteries and 10 inverters
SUCCESSFUL EXIT: Greensmith was acquired by Wartsila in July 2017 for $170 million.